Saturday, September 4, 2010

Friday 8/13/10

Last Full Day!

Another PGM wake up......5 a.m. Get up and put on the same nasty clothes. Sitting for 45 minutes and waiting on another crappy service to begin. Got through it. Breakfast was once again, oatmeal......I hate oatmeal! I was not in a very good mood that morning.

Left right after breakfast. Walked all the way up to the park by the library. Rested there until 9:50ish. One of the alcoholic black guys yelled at me to leave. "Wake up white boy and move out!". I didn't want to start anything with him so I moved up to borders.

Stopped at McDonalds and bought a few mcdoubles for the homeless around the area. Tried to strike up conversations but didn't get very far. One was very impressed that I would do such a thing for him, but i'm guessing that I am not the first person.

Decided to walk around and pray over the city. I wished there were more people to do it with me, but thought it would be a good idea anyway. Prayed over parts of downtown, Grant park, Lincoln park and Millenium park. Prayed for ministry to be done there, Gods work in people hearts there, and more.

After my walk around I decided to hit the library for a bible study. Got in a small study of John 17 and a daily Proverb. Went upstairs to the religion reference section and browsed. I could not find anything good about Branhamism, only two books in the library mentioned anything about it. It has been a point of study lately that I was hoping to learn more about it.

Got tired of searching through books and decided to sit along State street and people watch.

Saw a homeless person about my age sitting across the street. I decided to put up sign #5 again hoping that I could gather some money to buy her food. Sat for about 20 minutes and finally Paul came along.

Paul invited me to join him for dinner. He was on his way to Billy Elliot (a broadway production). He bought me a sandwich and bottle of water at Potbellys. We sat and talked about life and where we came from. Told him that even through these tough times God has still been good to me. He gave me $7 and some change and we parted ways. I won't forget how kind he was and realistic, he just wanted to help another person in need.

I took the water and went over to the girl I was trying to get money for. I asked her if she had dinner yet. She hadn't so I went back to Potbellys and bought her a sandwich. Got back and tried talking to her, she was very quiet and didn't want to respond. her name was Dee and she was also living on the street. We dissed on PGM for a bit, she had stayed there once and hated it. When I couldn't keep the conversation going I left. Told her that God loved her and to take care. Gave her the $3 and change from my pocket and told her to get breakfast in the morning.

I walked two blocks south and tried my second Social experiment (Will post write up soon)

It started to rain, so I sat at the cultural center for a bit. I ran up to a McDonalds to use the bathroom and almost got lost along the way. When the rain let up I found a dry spot along the side of a buildings to sleep.

(On the way to McDonalds I got lost. I asked a guy for directions and he was very helpful, but quite a strange fellow. He asked me to repeat after him " The grass was green, in the valley, where my foot get cut off and there were two coneheads, in the vision I had from Jesus" Weird!)

No comments: