Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday Night 8/9/10

After coffee we wandered for a bit. We stopped at McDonalds for a bit to sit in the Air Conditioning. We moved on and sat outside a condo on Dearborn to charge her phone with the outlet there. Sawyer talked for most of the time while we were sitting there on the sidewalk. I journaled and rested.

Sawyer walked away for a minute to go to the bathroom. While sitting there a guy named Pat stopped and asked me who I was and what I was doing there. Told him my street story (see previous blog post). He handed me $10, his card and told me that if there was anything I needed to give him a call. Pat walked away and Sawyer came back. Pat walked over again, handing me some more money, telling me"here is some more for your your needs". He handed me a $100 bill. With the money I bought Sawyer a new set of headphones (which were broken) and some more phone time.

we got kicked out by the condo doorman. So we walked down to the courthouse plaza. We sat and talked for a while. She talked about getting money together for her trip to CA and me coming with her. I handed her $60, told her that I felt like I was supposed to go in a different direction.

Sitting together for another 40 minutes or so we got to talking. We got onto the subject about God, and got into a discussion. I told her that I was a Christian and she said that she had thought that I was.

We talked about a lot of different things. She brought up how she felt like most Christians were very hypocritical and didn't live up to what they preached. She used to hate Christians, but when she was in rehab one of her nurses was a Christian who was a great example of Christ in her life. She said that she didn't believe in God but felt like there was some thing out there. I was able to talk with her about how I hated the church in high school but came to a biblical understanding of who God was and what he called us to truely be.

I don't know that I made a huge impact in her life, but I think that God definitely used me in her life. Though I don't know the impact, I can't doubt what God could do with it and what the Holy Spirit might have spoken into her heart. I will be praying for her safety, Influences in her life and for her heart to be open to God speaking to it.

Security kicked us off of the statue that we were sitting on. We decided to part ways, so we said our goodbyes and left. She headed off in to town and I moved to a bench and to sleep. Prayed for our safety as we slept that night, and went to bed.

God is Good

No comments: