Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Social Experiment (signs 9 & 9.5)

08/12/10

Started with sign #9 and decided it was not big enough. I re-wrote the sign to make it bigger and easier to read.

When holding out sign, people would often pass by without looking. Some would not try to see and others would not look out of instinct. Children would almost always look and read my signs.

I held the sign up for 30 minutes. I had 2 people stop and stare, but did not say anything. I received 4 responses and a few people looked as they passed.

For children, who the world is still good and adventurous, a person with a sign is a sad thing. Children are not yet trained to look away. Kids seemed more open to seeing people around them.

Have we become a people blinded to things around us? Do we try our best to not see problems that surround us? With so many panhandlers lying and cheating are we inclined to ignore all of the homeless around us? have we set in our minds that they are all not worth helping?

Now sitting and writing this for all of you, I wonder; what would Christ do? Would he pass them by, or would he love them where they at?

Sign
9 & 9.5 - "Can you even see me?"

No comments: